Sunday, October 31, 2010

Healing My Foot

Last Monday I went up to the local running store and got this sock to sleep with at night which keeps my foot flexed so that the facia on the bottom of my foot stays in a position to allow it to heal quicker. After 3 nights I started to feel a difference. Normally, waking up in the morning my first couple of footsteps I take are uncomfortable until the foot warms up. However, after a few days of wearing the night-sock, my foot stopped bothering me. I will definitely keep wearing it until my foot is no longer sore. Some other things I am doing for my foot are: foam rolling my calves, stretching, massaging my calf, rolling my foot out with a frozen water bottle and I put in my inserts into my new sneakers.

I know it seems like a lot to keep up with, but it is completely worth it to me. I've had many people say to me, "Why don't you just stop running?" It sort of annoys me, but I have to see it from other people's perspective and try not to let it get to me. I do believe in resting an injury, but stopping is like giving up...on something I love. And that's not in my nature.

I have sort of this inbetween competitive spirit that likes to enjoy running, but yet could easily get focused on setting a goal to beat. I have at times thought about taking a break but I don't think that lasted more than a day!

So, what type of mental barriers, or physical obstacles are you being faced with? And, will you give up on your favorite things that set your mind free????

No comments:

Post a Comment